Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sterling Vintners Collection Cabernet Sauvignon

I completely forgot this wine.

Good times, eh?

On Monday, when the other two thirds of a new and glorious online triumvirate (pronounce it with a W, cause That’s More Fun) came up to visit me here in D-Town, I purchased a bottle of cabernet sauvignon* again. I know what you are thinking, this wine is too manly for me. Yeah. It was. You are right.

Thanks to Farmers Get To Work More In The Spring Time, we still had a bit of afternoon to enjoy, so we sat around in my backyard with said cab sauv and jammed around with a guitar, a mountain dulcimer and a few extremely impressive cameras. I am so intimidated by such monstrous and phallic pieces of optical machinery (Carlynne’s camera literally has buttons, levers, switches, zippers, trapdoors, hidden staircases and even a miniature sword tucked under the enormous battery pack) that I just noodle around on the dulcimer and fend off the dog, who is named after a lichen and appreciates cameras as much as the next man. We finish off the bottle and a six-pack of Shiner Double Wheat and Carlynne gets through another 2-3 layers of her ridiculous jaw-breaker lollipop, then we hit the streets.

This is where it gets a bit interesting. I really have no wish to go into florid detail, but the next…6? hours involved snakes, dogs, dreads, beer, waaaaaaaay too many cigarettes, dancing like a fool to Boxcar Bandits, beer, more beer, peeing on public buildings, yet even MORE beer, spending an unprecedented amount of time in the bathroom of Jimmy J’s (were we still drinking beer?), a nap on Scripture St, and a fireman-march to bed. I like to think the evening ended at water shots with Sarah Jaffe, but we all know it was over with the round of tequila purchased by one Motherfucking Zed. So, while I can’t honestly attribute this one to the forgotten cab sauv, I can say it started with that bottle.

Drink this wine to embark upon a memorable night.

I mean, memorable by others.

*Editor’s note: This was a Sterling Vintners Collection CS. The online guide to wines available at my local controversially misogynistic corporate discount store reminded me. Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment