Sunday, May 8, 2011

Bella Sera Pinot Noir

Today was picture day! My roommates and I had our Spring Bluebonnet Family Portraits done today (pics to follow).

I made a cake. It was to celebrate my roommate Carol getting 3rd place Masters in the rock-climbing competition yesterday. The kuchen was gluten-free. Thanks for leaving the mix, Oh Snap! It has pretty much ruined me for regular cake. Something about the texture…oh wait…it has one! That’s the difference. Most cake-mixes are so fine and refined and such that they don’t even really have anything for your mouth to grab onto. But this one, this Red Mills Vanilla Cake Mix, this one was delicious. I put a bit of orange extract in it to lighten things up and made a basic chocolate buttercream frosting for’t.



More later. I start work at 7am these days.

Drink this wine when you are tired of typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment